New version! https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sdgsystems.idengine. This version is now OBSOLETE unless you use Barcode List Manager.
EPX-Barcode (EPX-B) provides support for reading (scanning) barcodes using the device camera or external USB scanners. EPX-B includes a the Scan Now application that copies the scanned barcode data to a list. Tap to search Google or Amazon. Optionally, it stays in the notification area for quick scans. Switch the Settings to batch mode or fixed focus, and increase your productivity on multiple scans. Reads multiple barcodes with 1 scan.
EPX-Barcode supports multiple scanners (camera or USB) with a single application programming interface (API). Camera decoding uses Google Mobile Vision (if available), or libraries from the ZXing project.
Core features include:
● Scan Now app scans to a list for using data now or later.
● Flexible control over any scanner feature, including scanner-specific features
● Hardware trigger support for capable devices
● Apps can control success or failure beeps, symbologies, etc.
● Scanner Settings app provides UI control for any scanner and feature
● Google Mobile Vision or ZXing-based camera scanner (using a device's built-in camera) with batch mode
● USB scanners from multiple vendors, including multiple scanners simultaneously
Built-in Barcode Formats (Symbologies) for camera using Google Mobile Vision Barcode API:
● EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code-39, Code-93, Code-128, ITF, Codabar
● QR Code, Data Matrix, PDF 417
Additional supported scanners include:
● USB SNAPI scanners. See Zebra Scanner Driver in Play Store.
● USB Scanners from Code Corp (e.g. CR1000). See Code Scanner Driver in Play Store.
● Search for "EPX-B" for latest drivers and compatible software (e.g. barliman, the barcode list manager).
Third parties can add their own scanner support. For information, contact email@example.com.