As old as the dinosaurs, the Purple Frog is one of nature’s most weirdly wonderful creatures. It has a snout-like nose, squawks like a chicken, and lives underground for all but one day a year … not to mention it’s purple(ish).
This head-turner of an amphibian needs saving too, because it’s endangered in southwest India, its beautiful home.
In Save the Purple Frog you’ll dodge the real-life dangers that it faces — pouncing snakes, hungry owls, and more recently cars and trains — as it hops its way to the breeding ground where the species lay their eggs.
Power up by finding termites and collecting spawn. But remember the clock is ticking! Purple frogs only emerge from their burrows for one day a year, just a few hours, to breed. It’s a perilous journey and a race against time. And just like in real life, the future of the Purple Frog depends on it.
By playing the game you’re helping raise awareness for biodiversity and protect the Purple Frog in its real habitat. On the Edge, the developer, is a nature organisation working to save this amphibian species and others that are Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) — all around the world.
* Explore three unique environments in this fun frogger game: farmland, village, and forest areas of southwest India. Hop through the monsoon rains!
* Cross roads, dodge traffic and evade predators in this family-friendly game
* Move through the day as you travel: explore the farmland in the morning, cross the mountain village in the afternoon sun and look out for predators in the dusky forest!
* At the end of each area rescue the froglets and lead them to safety
* Collect spawn for a time bonus
* Eat three termites to activate the super burrowing power-up
* Speed up your progress by finding secret burrows hidden across all three environments
* No ads or in-app purchases
* Real conservation impact