Go and discover all the paths around the world
• Record your trails while taking HD and geo-tagged pictures of your adventures.
• Travelled distance, Km-effort, average speed, calories burned, etc.
• Accurate altimeter, height differences computing and elevation profile displaying your current location.
• Alarm when you go off the path of the trail being followed. No more need to backtrack!
• Automatic triggering of points of interest with text-to-speech.
• Create a free account and all your data will be available everywhere on every device.
• Easy creation of trails and points of interest from our website.
• With our online editor, create your own trails using a Web browser on your PC/Mac and then access them directly from your smartphone to experience them on the ground.
• Sort and classify your trails and points of interest in your own lists.
Go further and become a PREMIUM user!
• Download world topographic maps for offline use.
• Discover GR hiking paths, European hiking routes, Santiago de Compostela routes for pilgrims, etc.
• Add topographic maps of your choice, from IGN France, IGN / NGI Belgium, IGN Spain, swisstopo, Austria, USA (USGS topographic mapping), Canada (Toporama).
• You can also discover all cycling networks: Greenway network in France, Ravel in Belgium, European cycling routes, knot points networks in Flanders and the Netherlands.
• And in winter, discover all the ski slopes with their names.
• Access the public catalogue of trails from SityTrail members and communities.
• Advanced tracking and guiding features with calculation of the remaining distance and time and vocal instructions at intersections.
• Go further and transform your favourite trails into real multimedia guides with text, photos, video links, and share them with the SityTrail community.
• Create your own hiker communities and manage your members and newsfeeds.
• Create trails with our advanced features for trail editing via our website.
• Print trails in PDF format with QR codes. (A4, A3).
• Access geotagged Wikipedia articles from our SityTrip module.
• Some features need an internet connection.
• The prolonged use of GPS can reduce battery levels.
- It is now possible to search for trails of the catalog on the map.
- Improvements in the filters / sorting UI selection screen.
- Bug fixed : there was no voice synthesis in some cases when a Wear OS watch was paired with the smartphone but not available.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Solved an issue with old opened trails that could not be opened anymore.
- Bug fixes.
- Connection to Google Fit temporarily disabled, it will be enabled again in the future but we need to do changes to conform to the new Google policies.
You can now create / draw a new trail from the mobile application (automatic or manual drawing).
Elevation profile, distance, estimated duration and difficulty, uphill and downhill gradients and "km-effort" can be displayed while drawing.
Additional layers (hiking, cycling network, ...) and the opened trail are also displayed on the map to draw trails.
- Wear OS app improvements
- Minor bug fixes
- The permission to always use the location is not required anymore.
- Google libraries update
- Wear OS app improvements
- Adding support of Google Fit
NEW: Marked trails are now available in Premium World subscription:
- Discover GR hiking paths, European hiking routes, routes of Santiago de Compostela, ...
- You can also discover all cycling networks : Greenway network in France, Ravel in Belgium, European cycling routes, knot points networks in Flanders and Netherlands.
- And for winter, discover all ski slopes.
- The trails of Pro communities can now be opened and followed without an account.
- Fixed a bug on elevation profile display
New feature available for holidays : SityTrip!
Choose a city and view Wikipedia points of interest around a place. Useful to get information about heritage, historical facts, street names, ...
For tourist cities, you can also get a lots of recommended activities that you can book in advance.
- Solved an issue with localization inside SityTrip community.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Optimisations for the main tabs of the app (Newsfeed / Discover / My Data). Some screens are displayed 60% faster !
- Fixed a crash on Android 4.4
- Minor bugfixes.
- Display trails and points of interest on a map from a list, a community or a user (or yourself).
- You can now create a list from the My Data screen.
- The app is now available for Wear OS smart-watches : keep an eye to your trail following and/or your recorder at any time.
- You can open your communities or communities you follow from the My data screen.
- Better support of Android 10
- Direct access to our shop from the main menu of the application
- The application detects when you cannot access your account anymore (password changed, ...) and asks you to log in again
- Several bug fixes and improvements
- "Contacts" permission not asked anymore on Android 7+ devices.
- Adding an option in settings to allow automatic counter pause when you don't move while recording.
- You can now purchase a subscription to the catalog of trails edited by "Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée" in Wallonia (Belgium).
- Preview trails in 3D mode with link to Google Earth app.
- Share trails from the trail details.
- Share photos of trails from the photos viewer to Instagram. Add #sitytrail !
- Better support for Android 9.
- Improvements in map download speed
- Solved several issues on map download
- Better informations about locations in trails, points of interests and long press on map
- Creation and modification date are not displayed in details, and creation date is displayed by default on all lists
Coordinates are now displayed in several formats (decimal degrees, degrees - minutes - seconds and UTM) when you make a long press on a point on the map.
- Take photos from any tab where you are. Add photo button moved to the bottom left of the map.
- Solving an issue with elevation information not shown while recording, that can trigger battery consumption issues.
- Bugs fixes and stability improvements
- Battery usage optimisation
Bugs fixes and stability improvements.
- You can now purchase subscriptions via Google Play (in France and Belgium at the moment, other countries will soon be added)
- Several bugs fixes and improvements
- The application starts faster when there is a bad network coverage.- Photos taken with the application (stored in original resolution on your device) are now taken into account immediately by the gallery application.- Better quality of photos sent to the server.
- Auto-detecting pauses while recording trails.- A Digital Terrain Model has been integrated in the application, introducing a better downhill / uphill calculation. Additionally, the elevation profile is now available for all trails.Warning : You have to launch a new download of your maps to get elevation data.- Several performance improvements and bug fixes
- For winter sports, access to IGN France slopes map to prevent avalanche risk- Auto-detecting pauses while recording trails.- A Digital Terrain Model has been integrated in the application, introducing a better downhill / uphill calculation. Additionally, the elevation profile is now available for all trails.Warning : You have to launch a new download of your maps to get elevation data.- Several performance improvements and bug fixes